Sunday, February 10, 2008

CWRU Ski Club trip to Seven Springs


Yesterday the Case Ski & Snowboard Club went to Seven Springs, PA. It's a fun resort, a lot bigger than Brandywine with probably enough trails to satisfy a full weekend trip. The trails are definitely more skiier friendly (most of them are a bit narrow), but as you can see from the resort map a cool feature is that there are plenty of beginner trails as well as the usual more difficult ones. I think actually, that the easy Lost Boy and Lost Girl trails are some of the most interesting trails to snowboard despite their simplicity. Certain of the more difficult trails are steep but a little dull. All in all, the weather wasn't bad; coverage in places was a little thin but it snowed whilst we were out on the slopes so there some nice fresh powder around that made things fun.

Andreas and Daria came on the trip, and considering neither of them had snowboarded before did amazingly well. They started off in the beginner's area and were soon developing speed control, balance and turning skills. I imagine it hurt – I remember my first day ever in Sexten, Italy! – but they were extremely brave and tried out the Fawn Lane trail. They made it down great if with many wipeouts!

1 comment:

ross said...

Hey -- since I grew up in Western PA, I've skied at Seven Springs (sorry, I don't snowboard) many times. It is a pretty good place. I seem to remember there being some sort of "snowboard park" or something on the North Face. Did you try that out at all?

Incidentally, there's another resort in the same area called Hidden Valley. I remember it being a bit smaller and less expensive than Seven Springs. Maybe it's more "snowboard friendly?"